Important Candle Safety Information
Fire Hazard can Occur from a Candle and so Tips to Prevent Fire and Serious Injury
- Before you light a candle ensure that you do as follows:
- Always trim wick to ¼ inch before lighting—dispose of wick trimmings and matches to keep debris out of wax pool.
- Avoid drafts
- Set candle on heat-resistant surface
- While the candle is lit ensure that you do as follows:
- Burn within sight—always remain within line of sight of burning candles. Extinguish candles before leaving room. Never burn for longer than four-hour intervals.
- Keep away from things that catch fire—never burn candles on or near anything that can catch a fire.
- Keep away from children and pets—children and pets could accidentally tip candle over.
- After use of the candle ensure that you do as follows:
- Do not extinguish with water.
- Always allow wax to harden before relighting, touching, or moving.