Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Choose a Professional Company to Clean your Ducts
Do not skip your tune-up. Contact SERVPRO® of Panthersville at (678) 515-8602.
Are the ducts that send warm (or cool) air into your home causing breathing problems for your family? The interest in air duct cleaning has grown in recent years, particularly as homeowners become more concerned about their indoor air quality or look for better ways to improve energy use.
According to the EPA, there are several important health reasons you should consider having your ducts cleaned as follows:
- Is substantial mold growth visible inside the ducts or other components of your heating and cooling system? If mold is present, then duct cleaning is not the only step to take. You would also want to correct whatever conditions that cause the growth of the mold. Additionally, if air duct insulation gets wet or has mold, then you will need to have it removed and replaced instead of cleaned.
- Are your ducts clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and other particles, and are these substances being released into your home from your supply registers? This affects your indoor air quality as poor-quality air continues to be pumped back into your home.
- Are your ducts infested with rodents or insects or other unwelcome critters? There are some reasons why you would want the ducts cleaned.
Duct cleaning is an as-needed service that supports routine maintenance on your system. Fuel-burning furnaces should be serviced and inspected annually to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning and to improve efficiency.
Trained Technicians who are Knowledgeable of the Mold Removal Process
Visible signs of mold exists on this piece of board.
Mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business whenever there is a water intrusion, such as a roof leak, leaking water line, and busted pipe. Your local SERVPRO® of Panthersville has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problems. Mold can cause major health problems if left untreated. However, every mold damage scenario is different, which requires a unique solution. SERVPRO® of Panthersville helps satisfy the needs of insurers and property owners by providing reliable and consistent services. The following steps illustrate a “typical” mold removal process:
Call SERVPRO® of Panthersville
The mold remediation and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO® of Panthersville. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment and personnel needed.
The property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Containing the Mold
Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated areas with physical barriers to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
Our Technicians use specialized filtration equipment that captures microscopic (mold that is invisible with the naked eye) mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments are also be used to eliminate mold colonies from forming. By removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, such as drywall and flooring may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet. It may also require major repairs such as reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville Mentors Other Small Business Owners
Having a Mentor to help guide you can increase your probabilities of success. Mentors cannot make decisions for you; that is your job. But their expertise can be invaluable. Generally, they work with business owners voluntarily, that is, for the satisfaction of helping out.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville shares our professional skills with other small businesses to help them grow and create jobs. For instance, we assist other businesses in improving communication skills, provide their employees with a vision of growth, and implement methods to build ownership brand. As a Mentor, we search for other entrepreneurs in the restoration business to assist online, and once connected we serve as a coach and guide. This volunteer opportunity is extremely flexible. Subsequently, we set the schedules and expectations with our Mentees.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville Observes Black History Month
The Black History Month Parade begins at the King Center National Park in Atlanta and ends at Woodruff Park.
Black History Month or National African American History Month is an annual celebration of achievements by Black Americans and a time for recognizing the central role of African Americans in United States history. This celebration is in February that promotes what African Americans have made to American history in their struggles for freedom and equality.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville participates in the local Black History Month Parade festivities, which celebrates the culture, heritage, history, and accomplishments of Black African American people across the world. Attendees are urged to prepare floats and designs that depict Black history and the trials and successes of African Americans.
Historical figures remain a popular choice for the parade, but there’s nothing against telling personal stories of endearment with one’s float. The Black History Month Parade features marching bands, entertainers, dignitaries, civic groups, non-profit organizations, celebrities, corporate groups, artistic expressionists, entertainments, and fun for the whole family!
SERVPRO® of Panthersville Volunteers to do the Home Fire Campaign
Do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO® of Panthersville at (678) 515-8602 if you have a home fire.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville participates as a volunteer for the American Red Cross in their Home Fire Campaign, wherein the goal is to reduce the number of fire-related deaths and injuries in the US by 25% by the year 2020. The American Red Cross responds to approximately 64,000 disasters annually, in which the vast majority of them are home fires. Statistics reveals the following occurrences:
- Seven (7) people die daily from home fires wherein most of them impact children and the elderly.
- Thirty six (36) people suffer injuries as a result of home fires daily.
- Over $7 billion in property damages occur annually.
Home Fire Preparedness
Household members should comply with the following instructions to be thoroughly prepared for home fires:
- Install the correct number of smoke alarms. Test them once monthly and replace the batteries at least once annually. If the American Red Cross provides the smoke alarm through its Home Fire Campaign, then it uses a lithium battery in which it will last for ten (10) years.
- Teach children the sound of smoke alarms and what they should do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communication plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find each another.
- Practice to escape from your home at least twice annually. Press the smoke alarm test button or shout “Fire!“ to alert everyone in your home that they must evacuate within 2 minutes.
- Ensure that everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP, and ROLL if their clothes catch on fire.
Teach Fire Safety in Your Classroom
The Pillowcase Project is a preparedness education program for grades 3 – 5, which teaches students about personal and family preparedness, local hazards, and basic coping skills. You can request the Pillowcase Project presentation from your local American Red Cross.
Volunteer to Help Others
Join your local American Red Cross to install smoke alarms, educate your community about fire safety, or help others after a fire. You can make a significant difference in people’s lives by volunteering your time and talent.
Make a Donation
Help families prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from home fires.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville knows every Second Counts
SERVPRO® of Panthersville can handle any disaster no matter how big or small.
Fire experts agree, people have approximately two minutes to escape a burning home before it is too late. Twenty six percent of families have developed and practiced a home fire plan, which is a study conducted by the American Red Cross.
During Fire Prevention months, it is time for you to review your fire escape plans. Knowing your risks of a potential fire hazard and taking actions are just a few steps in being thoroughly prepared to save your life, and to assist in saving the lives of others.
Ways to Prepare
- Draw a map of each level of your home and be sure to find two ways to get out of each room.
- Consider escape ladders for sleeping areas on the second and third floors. Only purchase collapsible escape ladders.
- Choose an outside meeting place at a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet once you are all out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you are unable to help them.
- Practice your escape plans during the day and at night time.
Each smoke and fire damage situations differ, therefore, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. SERVPRO® of Panthersville has the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damages. We will also treat your family with respect and take your care of your property.
Do you have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damages?
Call Us Today – 678-515-8602