Fire Escape Planning
If you are still using the same escape route you used when the kids still lived at home, then it’s time for a new one!
- Sit down with all household members and discuss your escape plan.
- Plan at least two ways out of each room of your home, especially the bedrooms.
- Consider any limitations you may have that would keep you from implementing your plan.
- If any family member will need assistance, then remember to plan accordingly.
- If necessary, ensure that your exits are wheelchair or walker accessible.
- Put your plan to the test and practice it.