Ways to Add a Pop of Color without Painting
Repainting a room or your entire house is a great way to bring a brand-new look to your home. But it can also be messy and time-consuming to do yourself and expensive if you hire professionals. Also, if you do not like the results, then you have to restart from scratch. Fortunately, there are other ways to add an exciting splash of color to your residence.
Review the following ways to add a pop of color without using one drop of paint. More importantly, you can make these changes for just a fraction of the cost of a professional paint job, and you can change your mind as often as you would like:
- Wall Decorations—just because you are not painting your walls does not mean that they have to be bland. You can add a lot of color by using wall decorations. Find a large, colorful wall painting that takes up a lot of room on an empty wall. Hang a wall tapestry, or even invest in temporary wallpaper to create an accent wall. These alternatives not only add color and pop to your décor but also create an intriguing focal point for the room.
- Furniture Accents—if you are not keen on buying brightly colored furniture, then use furniture accents to add color to your décor. Use a mix of soft tones and vibrant colors to create a unique look. There are a number of accents to mix and match such as afghans, throw pillows, and blankets. Actually, many professionals recommend mixing and matching patterns and colors to create a vibrant color scheme. What is the best part? You can change these furniture accents as the seasons change without the hassle of painting.
- Table Accents—used in combination with furniture accents and wall decorations, table accents and other inspiration pieces can help to create flow. Picture how all the colors will work together. Look for accents such as vases, picture frames, and other trinkets that will add a pop of color without the commitment.
- Floor Decorations—there is little risk and a lot of reward by using floor decorations to add color to your home interiors. If you have a neutral colored couch, adding a bright area rug can play off of your neutral furniture beautifully. Use multiple rugs in addition to the area rug to really jazz up the space and add dimension.
- Window Decorations—your window treatments have a huge impact on the way that your rooms feel. Whether it is how much (or how little) light gets in or how big or small your windows are, getting creative with your window decorations is an excellent way to add color and texture to your home.
- Colorful Furniture—maybe you don't want a bright red couch in your living room, but have you thought about a bright red armchair? Using strategically placed colorful furniture pieces will liven up any room. Even if the rest of your furniture is neutral, these colorful pieces will improve the overall aesthetic of the room. You can achieve this same look with textured and patterned pieces.
- Plants and Flowers—often overlooked inside of the home are fresh plants and flowers that add dimension and liveliness throughout your space. A simple vase of fresh flowers on the kitchen counter or a potted palm in the corner of the living room can make a huge impact on the diversity of color in your home.
These are just a few of the many ways to add pops of colors to your home. What are some of the ways you have avoided painting in the past?